Less than 45 minutes north of San Francisco, this graceful single-level home rests on just over an acre in the picturesque town of historic Penngrove. Comprised of four bedrooms and two-and-a-half baths it was reconstructed from the foundation up and offers the ultimate in quality and workmanship. On city water and sewer, you’ll find a bright and open floor plan built around a great room, Swedish wood flooring, 10 foot ceilings, wide hallways and bucolic country views from every vantage point.
The kitchen offers superb custom cabinetry, an artisan glass tile backsplash, honed Carrera marble countertops, stainless appliances, and an oversized island with seating and prep sink. There is also a large dining area perfect for a farmhouse table and family holidays, a comfortable living area with GreenSmart remote-controlled marble faced fireplace with blower to provide not only beauty but warmth and a half bathroom. Wander down the wide hallway to three over-sized bedrooms, all with views and extra-large closets. To your left is a tiled, full bathroom with deep soaking tub and double sink vanity.
The master bedroom is tasteful and appealing. It spills into a stunning bathroom complete with pastoral views, Strasser Woodenworks vanities, a deep Toto soaking tub with floor-mounted tub filler and sprayer. The shower features Italian porcelain tile walls and an Indonesian pebble tile floor and three water outlets – a hand spray on a bar, a fixed rain head and a fixed shower head.
Entrée to the “country” from this distinctive country property is through a side door off the laundry room and through a sliding patio door off the kitchen/dining area. Here you will find a level, fully usable acre with well, perfect for a swimming pool, vineyard or garden. There is also an attached two-car garage and a detached two-car garage.
This refined property, clearly retains the value of country living while being conveniently close to the world-class Green Music Center, shopping, restaurants, the highway and transportation. It’s here in this bucolic backdrop of rolling hills that you will find a home that reflects unusual taste and quality and offers excellent possibilities for entertaining and family get-togethers.
LAND AND IMPROVEMENTS
- 1.3 acres
- Extensively remodeled in 2015
- Country lane location
- City water and sewer
- Well for landscaping
- +/- 2,800 square feet (per architectural drawings)
- Kahrs (the “a” has an umlaut over it) floating wood flooring from Sweden
- 10 foot ceilings in great room
- Grohe plumbing fixtures throughout home
- LED light modules in all recessed lighting
- Insteon home automation technology – smartphone compatible
- Nest thermostat and Nest Protect smoke detectors
- Custom kitchen cabinets by DaVinci Woodworks
- Honed marble countertops
- Sonoma Tile Works artisan glass tile kitchen backsplash
- Stainless appliances
- Microwave/convection oven
- German engineered, BLANCO SILGRANIT II kitchen sinks
- Kitchen under cabinet LED illumination
- Stainless filtered hot water and soap dispensers in kitchen
- Travis Industries GreenSmart remote-controlled fireplace with blower
- Living room fan by “BigAss Fan Company” features SenseMe technology.
- Americast Deep Soaking Tub in full bathroom
- Strausser vanities with Fairmont porcelain countertops in master bathroom
- Toto deep soaking tub in master bathroom
- Grohe pedestal tub filler with sprayer in master bathroom
- Three Grohe water outlets and fixtures in master shower
- Italian porcelain tile and Indonesian pebble tile in master shower
- Toto toilet in master bathroom
- Large walk-in master closet
- Interior laundry room with sink
- All rooms wired for internet, phone and cable
- LED exterior floodlights. All other exterior lights are “dawn to dusk” controlled and feature Cree LED light bulbs.
- 2 car attached garage
- 2 car detached garage
- Desirable location convenient to the Green Music Center, Sonoma State University, highway, shopping, restaurants and wineries
More Details: 1891weisslane.com
Sold for $1,030,000